Insuring Your Rental Home

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about How to Rent Your Property and other Rental Home topics.

What insurance do I need for a rental home?

Insuring Your Rental Home

If you have decided to rent out your home, contact your home insurance company and find out what home insurance is recommended if you are renting out your home. Since you own the home you will want to make sure that the home is insured, but you do not need to insure the items owned by tenant's inside. You should recommend that the tenants get renters insurance to insure their personal possessions. It is also highly recommended that you get legal insurance on your rental in case your tenant or one of their guests try to sue you or the tenant ruins you entire home.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Rental Home Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
William Pirraglia