What Standard Renter's Insurance Policies Cover
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Renter's Insurance and other Rental Home topics.
What does my renter's insurance cover?
Most standard renter's insurance policies cover your personal property for the following scenarios:
- fire or lightning
- windstorm or hail
- explosion, riots or civil commotion,
- aircraft or vehicles damage
- vandalism or malicious mischief
- damage by glass or safety-glazing
- volcanic, falling objects, weight of ice and snow
- water related damage from utilities, and electrical surge damage
Flood, earthquake, and hurricane insurance should be added on if you live in an area where this might be of concern.