Ask All Your Questions
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Rental Basics and other Rental Home topics.
What questions do I need to ask to see if the rental is a fit?
When you meet a potential landlord it is a good time to start asking some questions and find out more of what is involved in the rental home. Prepare a list of questions you would need answered in order to consider renting the home. Some sample questions are:
- What is included in the rental?
- What utilities are you (the renter) responsible for?
- What is th length of the lease?
- Are pets allowed?
- What is the neighborhood and the neighbors like?
- Who will maintain the property?
- Where can you park?
- Is there additional storage included?
- Is there a security system?
- When the current tenant is leaving?
When looking for a rental home a lot of things need to fall in line and be similar to what you want and need, asking questions is the only way to determine if there is a fit.