Keeping It Habitable
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Landlord Rights and other Rental Home topics.
Should I have my rental inspected by a professional?
Since rental units face yearly turnover, it's the landlord's responsiblity to maintain the rental property and its condition. A landlord should always be accessible to their tenant and must maintain the following:
- Keep the rental property up to all local safety and health codes
- Maintain the roof, walls and structural components of the rental
- Keep common areas reasonably clean and safe to tenants and visitors
- Provide a reasonable program and methods for control of pests
- Provide necessary facilities to supply heat, electricity, and hot and cold water
- Provide reasonable and adequate locks for the rental
- Maintain appliances furnished with the rental unit
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.